Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ahhhh the birth story...

      So I figured that while the little boy sleeps I thought that I would finally post how the birth went down....
      My mommy and sister came down July 28th and got her at about 12:30am... so technically the 29th! I had a OB appointment that day and they came with me, my mother wanted to see if we could persuade him to induce while they were here because thats why they came down.... to help during labor! When he had checked me he told me that I was 1cm Dilated and 90% Effaced... then my mother asked him if he would be opposed to inducing me and that if he would that she would make him brownies (which she did). He said that he would and that usually when he scheduled for people to be induced that they would go before the date! I was to be induced August 1st....
      Even though I walked around LIKE CRAZY I did not go into labor so we went in August 1st at 7:45am and they got me all prepped and ready at 8am. I have to say between the IV and getting the Epidural... the IV was the worst! It felt like she was digging the needle into my bone!! I thought that my sister was crazy saying that I would be able to taste/smell the stuff they put in the IV first... WEIRD! So they checked me when I got in there and I was still 90% Effaced and only 2cm Dilated... after that it was slow and not really any progress... I was still Posterior (my cervix was behind his head)!
      So it was actually Dr. Morishita that was to deliver him, she was originally my OB. She checked me the second time  at about 2pm or 3pm and that was PAINFUL... the nurse that had checked me earlier and it didn't hurt only cause she had smaller fingers! So I was 3cm then and she said that she would come back after her rounds... so they had stopped the pitocin cause I wanted to walk around, I just couldn't lay in bed any longer... They restarted it and Dr. Morishita came back at about 6pm-ish and said "I thought that you would have had your Epidural by now..." so she didn't check me but we discussed it and thought that it would be best to get the Epidural before she checked me only because I was in so much pain the last time she checked me... I was prone to certain things during my pregnancy that no matter how hard I tried it would go away!
     So the Epidural wasn't bad at all... they numbed me before they gave it to me and as soon as I got it I felt sooooooo FANTASTIC!! About an hour after I got the Epidural she came in and checked me... 4cm and 100% Effaced and I was no longer posterior! Now all I had to do was WAIT SOME MORE!!! After about an hour or two Dr. Morishita came back and checked me again I was at a 9.5cm Dilated and then she stretched me to 10cm and that was about 11pm-ish!! Then she broke my water and even though I was numb it totally felt like I was peeing my pants... It was REALLY FUNNY! Now all that was needed was more WAITING... Luckily only two hours and fifteen minutes later it was PUSHIN TIME!! 
      I think that the first two hours of pushing was slow and none progressing really... He just wanted to hang out in that birth canal! Although when he came out he had a scrape for were his head had rubbed against my pelvis. 
      The last hour was ROUGH... although I couldn't feel the pain of the contractions but the pressure of the contractions and the baby coming out was painful!! My mom was holding my (left) leg and my sister was pushing against my foot, Charlie was hold my (right) leg and the nurse was pushing against my foot. I got super exhausted and had to use an oxygen mask.. I remember crying  but No I was so tired that there were NO tears!
      Charlie was saying "KEEP GOING, KEEP GOING"  and it helped for a while but soon it started to get irritating and I thought that the nicest way to tell him to be quiet was to put my hand over his mouth... I felt bad cause he was only trying to help me but he said that he understood.. He didn't realize that he was doing it that loud and that he did it with the patients that he had at work. Soon his head was coming out and it seemed to go back in a bit but... They tell you to push for 10 seconds and then take a breath and go again (3 times) and then relax but I had one or two contractions that I could not relax and i had to push again... Believe it or not it actually decreases the pain when you push through that...
      As his head was coming out and I was relaxing before I had to push again, Dr. Morishita asked me if I wanted to feel his head and I got a little IRRITATED that she kept asking and that I kept saying no... I just want to PUSH and finally GET HIM OUT!
      And then I gave three more HARD PUSHES and out he popped!! I will say I literally screamed as I pushed him out... That feeling as he came out it was like relief NO MORE PAIN!! My mom said that with all those pushes where his head would come out then go back a little "His head kept coming and coming" I honestly thought that my labor would never end! I was so tired and just wanted to be done, I remember saying to my mom "I cant do this anymore, I just want to be done!"
      I sadly tore... they said I had a second degree tare and the recovery SUCKS!! But they put him on my chest and I was SHOCKED... He was a BIG BABY! I thought that he was at least between 7-8lbs. I looked over at them taking care of him....

Liam Wiley Cory
9lbs 5oz
21 3/4 in. long
15 in. head
Born August 2, 2011 @ 4:28am 

      It hadn't hit me until my mother showed me a picture of him that THIS WAS MY BABY!! I didn't cry when they put him on my chest but when my mother showed me that picture I started to cry! He was so chubby and had a GIANT HEAD!! I remember Charlie told be that when he was coming out that he was not going to look but I saw him look twice... I thought that it was funny when he looked when he came out.. I think that he made a face at me!
      I finally have my baby and I couldn't be happier!! I have a wonderfully perfect husband and the CUTEST BABY EVER!! I am very happy with my life right now!

1 comment:

  1. He is beautiful congratulations I'm glad your mom and sister were able to be there with you.